Sioned Webb was brought up in Bala, a town in Meirionethshire and rich in folk culture. She grew up hearing and learning folk tunes at school and from her father. By the time she went to study with William Mathias at Bangor University, she had already won several prizes for highest examination marks throughout the UK with the piano and was ready to pursue a classical career with the instrument. She also realised, however, that she couldn’t deny the chilhood influences and she continued to research and embrace folk music. A national winner on the triple harp, an author and editor of many books of folk tune arrangements and Plygain carols, she has also performed with Sian James and Arfon Gwilym worldwide.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018