Sioned Gwen Davies was born in Colwyn Bay. After studying at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the National Opera Studio in London, Sioned made her operatic début as Kate in Scottish Opera’s production of The Pirates of Penzance. To date she has worked for English National Opera, Glyndebourne, Longborough Festival Opera, Opera Valladolid and Opra Cymru. In 2017, Sioned represented Wales in the prestigious BBC Cardiff Singer of the World Competition and she currently performs with Scottish Opera. Career highlights include Henze’s ‘Voices’ at the Barbican Hall, the Alto Solo in Stravinsky’s ‘Les Noces’ in LSO St. Lukes, London, Handel’s ‘Messiah’ with the Lund Chamber Choir and Vaughan Williams’ Serenade to Music.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018