Welsh tenor Rhys Meirion has enjoyed national and international success in opera, recording and broadcasting. Concert highlights include a gala concert at the Royal Albert Hall with Bryn Terfel, his BBC Prom debut at the opening night of the BBC Proms (televised on BBC 2), Desert Island Discs Anniversary Concert at London’s Royal Festival Hall, a live BBC recording of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony conducted by Richard Hickox, Verdi’s Requiem at the Royal Albert Hall and Karl Jenkins’ 70 Birthday Concert at The Carnegie Hall New York. The second series of “Deuawdau Rhys Meirion” (Rhys Meirion’s Duets) aired on S4C in 2017. He also presents “Dewch am Dro” on BBC Radio Cymru.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018