Rhiannon Mathias studied music at Surrey University (B. Mus), St. John’s College, Cambridge (M. Phil) and Reading University (PhD), and has experience as a public speaker and broadcaster. She is the author of a book about the music of Elisabeth Lutyens, Elizabeth Maconchy and Grace Williams, lectures at Bangor University on twentieth-century women composers, and also directed the First International Conference on Women’s Work in Music last year at the University. Rhiannon performs in a flute and harp due with Elinor Bennett and is also the principal flute tutor at the Canolfan Gerdd William Mathias.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018