The Palestrina Choir was formed by Dr Vincent O’Brien in 1903. A performance of Palestrina’s Missa Papae Marcelli brought them to to the attention of patron Edward Martyn, who funded them to take up residence in St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Dublin. The choir has travelled extensively throughout Europe and the USA, and in 2013 sang at the Vatican during a Papal Mass in 2013, and again during a return trip in 2016. The choir has performed weekly under the direction of Dr Blanaid Murphy, with Solemn Latin Mass sung each Sunday and Vespers, Benediction and evening Mass sung by the boys of the choir on Fridays.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018