Nick Capaldi has been Chief Executive of the Arts Council of Wales since September 2008. Prior to his appointment, he was Executive Director of Arts Council England South West, and Chief Executive of South West Arts. As Chair of Arts 2000 he led a national organisation commissioning projects across England designed to celebrate the role of the artist. A graduate of Manchester’s Chetham’s Music School, the Royal College of Music and City University in London, Nick’s career in the arts started as a professional. He holds diplomas in musical performance from the Royal College of Music (DipRCM, ARCM) and the Royal Academy of Music (LRAM). Nick was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Arts by City University London in 2016.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018