Mererid teaches in Yr Athrofa, University of Wales, Trinity Saint David. She has won the Chair and Crown for poetry at the National Eisteddfod and the national Prose Medal. She has been Children Laureate for Wales and has won the Glyndwr prize for her contribution to literature in Wales. Her collection of poems ‘Nes Draw’ came first in the poetry section of the Welsh language Book of the Year awards in 2016. She has worked with musicians such as Karl Jenkins, Eric Jones and Gareth Glyn on compositions and greatly appreciates this opportunity to work with Mared Emlyn, Gwenan Gibard and Elinor Bennett.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018