Karen Vaughan studied with Maria Korchinska after graduating from the Royal Academy of Music. She played for Scottish Opera and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra before becoming Principal Harp of the Scottish National Orchestra. On her return to London she was appointed Co-principal to Osian Ellis in the London Symphony Orchestra, retiring in 2015 after thirty years. Karen taught at The Purcell School and Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama before taking up her current position as Head of Harp at the RAM. She has given masterclasses worldwide and coached youth orchestras in the UK, Spain and Japan. Associate Artistic Director of the World Harp Congress she looks forward to the first congress in the UK, in Cardiff 2020.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018