Judith Utley began her harp study at age 12 in South Dakota, USA. She earned her Bachelor of Music degree in Harp Performance from the University of Northern Colorado, under the tutelage of Suzann Davids, and her Master of Music degree from The Cleveland Institute of Music with Alice Chalifoux. She also pursued post-graduate study and master classes with Susann McDonald. While travelling with a touring ensemble, Judith met her husband, Paul, a career missionary, in Manila, Philippines. After marrying, they were assigned to Bangkok, Thailand in 1983. Judith was principal harpist with the Bangkok Symphony Orchestra for over 20 years, and she has been closely associated with Tamnak Prathom Harp Centre since its inception in 2002. Currently living in Chiangmai, Judith teaches in the College of Music at Payap University.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018