Huw is a trained operatic tenor with over 15 years’ experience. Until recently, he was a full-time member of the chorus of Welsh National Opera, and before that, of Glyndebourne Festival Opera. Huw performed as a soloist at many prestigious venues such as the Royal Albert Hall, London, Royal Opera House, Muscat, Oman and Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff, and won many competitions and awards during his studies. He recently returned to North Wales with his family, to concentrate on teaching voice, having reached a point in his career where he felt the need to distance himself from the hectic schedule of a full-time performer with a touring company.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018