Geraint Lewis was born in Cardiff in 1958 and read Music at St.John’s College, Cambridge where he was a pupil of the legendary George Guest. He worked for Bangor University and Nimbus Records, was Director of the North Wales International Music Festival and Chairman of the Arts Council of Wales Music Board. He wrote ‘Afallon’ for WNO to sing when The Queen opened the National Assembly for Wales in 1999 and the opera ‘Culhwch ac Olwen’ for the 2000 Cricieth Festival. He writes regularly for Gramophone magazine and in January was appointed Artistic Director of the Lower Machen Festival.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018