Originally from Bangor, Catrin undertook a Performers’ Course at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama followed by Postgraduate Studies at the Royal Academy of Music where she was awarded a scholarship and won the Renata Scheffel-Stein Prize for Harp. In May 2014 she was elected an Associate of the Royal Academy. This honour is given to the prominent alumni of the Academy who have contributed to their chosen field. Catrin has worked with many of the UK’s leading orchestras and has performed in numerous West End shows in London. Having recently re-located to Pwllheli she now teaches the harp at the William Mathias Music Center in Caernarfon as well as continuing her freelance orchestral work.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018