Blánaid Murphy is one of Ireland’s foremost choral directors and has directed the Palestrina Choir since 2002. She was Organ Scholar at Cambridge University and obtained a Master’s Degree at the Musikhochschule in Stuttgart. She has vast experience as choral director, conductor, adjudicator, consultant and educator. She is director of several choirs including the RTE Children’s Choir, Dublin Bach Singers, and Carlow Choral Society, and lectures on choral conducting at the Royal Irish Academy of Music. Her many recordings include the record-breaking ‘Faith of Our Fathers’ CD and six CDs with the Palestrina Choir. Blánaid is chairperson of the RSCM Ireland (Royal School of Church Music) and she is Director of the Pro-Cathedral Concert Series.
- Osian Ellis (1928-2021) 15/01/2021
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018