Arfon Gwilym’s roots lie deep in Meirionnydd and he graduated in Welsh at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth. He had a varied career – as journalist, business person, translator, publisher, broadcaster, researcher and administrator. He campaigned for community issues and became General Secretary of the Welsh Language Society. Now, he is Director of the Gwynn Music Publishing Company. Born to a family central to Welsh music and culture, Arfon was secretary of the Traditional Instruments Society and has written and edited several books on Welsh folk music. He is a folk singer, singer of plygain songs, cerdd dant and plays the violin.
- Announcement regarding the 2020 Wales Harp Festival 18/03/2020
- Former royal harpist keeps promise to festival after recovering from cancer 23/03/2019
- Top harpist swaps Albert Hall for Caernarfon care home 19/03/2019
- Sponsor a String appeal will be prelude to success for talented harpists of the future 13/03/2018
- Emotional concert will remember controversial drowning of village 11/03/2018