(Age 30 and under)
A balanced programme no longer than 20 minutes’ duration showing different styles and to include at least one of the following works that were dedicated to the Festival President, Dr Osian Ellis:
- Malcolm Arnold: Fantasy for Harp
- Benjamin Britten: Suite for Harp
- Alun Hoddinott: Sonata for Harp
- Paul Patterson: Spiders
A balanced programme no longer than 25 minutes’ duration, including:
- New work by Gareth Glyn (For sale from Curiad or CGWM’s office) (Length: 5’50”)
No pieces from Stage 1 can be repeated.
Stage 3 Final
A performance of:
- Claude Debussy: Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp
- Own choice solo piece no longer than 15 minutes’ duration (which was not performed in the previous stages).
First: £5,000 (donated by Rolant Hughes)
Nick Capaldi (Chair)
Competitors must be 30 or under on September 1st, 2017